Our LockedIn® technology is a soil stabilisation technique that has been in development since 2015. This remediation technology is based on the physio-chemical reaction between a chemical and soil to reduce the mobility of any contaminants present. Essentially, we are using chemical compounds to change the physical make-up of the soil, locking the contaminants in and permanently preventing them from being a pollution risk.
The LockedIn® process allows contaminated soils to be reused on site after treatment and validation. Meaning there are no costs for contaminated material to be disposed of or to import clean material. We can carry out this process on site, either in-situ or ex-situ.
Using this soil stabilisation process, our clients have seen massive savings entering the millions of £s/€s.
LockedIn® allows us to treat the material on site in a purpose built treatment area and presents the following advantages:
- Cost savings compared to other methods available
- No transportation costs associated with off-site disposal
- The waste is now a resource and can be used on-site
- The process can often incorporate geotechnical improvements as part of the process
- The process is quick and material can be re-used after validation which can be as quick as 14 days
- Can stabilise a wide range of contaminants or a mix of contaminants
- Can be done either in-situ or ex-situ mixing methods dependent on the site requirements