ATG Group is excited to announce that we have been honoured with a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development 2020.
The Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development is awarded for commercially successful products, services and management that benefit the environment, society and the economy.
We are one of 220 organisations nationally, and one of only 4 in Northern Ireland to be recognised with this prestigious award.
Our work was commended for:
- How we have set out a leading approach to sustainability within our sector
- Our commercial results and internal efforts to reduce our company’s impact on the environment.
- The way we foster community sustainability through our charity Ashes to Gold
- Our exemplary social outreach programmes addressing mental health and disabilities.
Mark McKinney, Managing Director of ATG Group said: “I am so proud of our amazing team in achieving this award, it is a testament to their hard work, innovation and client-focused approach to sustainable development in our company.”
“I would also like to give a special mention to our charity, Ashes to Gold, and it’s staff and volunteers for their outstanding work in our community and their commitment to addressing the social needs and mental health of those who need it.”
Notes to Editors
Employing 30 people, ATG Group was started in 2007 by Dr Mark McKinney as ATG Services (Ireland) Ltd. After achieving significant growth year on year, we have seen the addition of ATG Services (Scotland) Ltd, ATG Services (England) Ltd and Ashes to Gold – our social enterprise.
ATG Group offers tailored solutions to environmental and waste challenges. We are market leaders in the use of modern remediation technologies, delivering workable and practical solutions to maximise the potential of redundant sites.
The five main services we offer are:
- Remedial technologies supporting the redevelopment of contaminated sites
- Treatment and eradication of invasive plant species
- Site waste management plans
- Environmental training
- 24-hour emergency spill response
Since 2015, ATG Group has spent over £1.6 million on developing new remediation technologies. The goal of these technologies is to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill while saving money for our clients.